Saturday, January 12, 2008

You know who I think is sexy? Steve Buscemi

That's right - this guy. In high school, I saw the movie Ghost World where he played Seymour, a middle-aged record collector. It was a role that could easily have been a dirty old man or typical nerd twenty years out of the high school AV club. But Steve Buscemi was amazing: he made Seymour sarcastically funny, sweet, and self-aware enough to not seem pathetic. There's a scene where he is in bed with Thora Birch, playing an 18 year old who befriends him as kind of a joke. He is amazed that they have somehow ended up together, but she looks like she knows what she has done. She has taken advantage of a vulnerable human being to deal with her adolescent angst. Watch that scene and melt at his gorgeousness.

A few years later I saw him on the Daily Show. He was laid back and funny and wearing a blue button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Then I heard he was a fire fighter before he was an actor and, after 9/11, he volunteered with them again to help find people. Sexy.

5 comments:

craziasian said...

yeah...but remember when he did armageddon? not sexy.

Anonymous said...

I watched Con Air with Buffalo Mike last night which led us into a discussion about Steve Buscemi. I also like him as "the little guy" in Fargo. Oh, and Ghost World was when I first fell in love with ScarJo.

Anonymous said...

did you really just say ScarJo?

Anonymous said...

what is wrong with you?

Anonymous said...

I AM LOOKING FOR WEBSITES THAT LIKE STEVE BUSCEMI.. HIS UGLY BEAUTY AMAZES ME.. I think he is so handsome as Nucky Thompson...