Saturday, December 29, 2007

Old Navy sells cashmere sweaters?

I had a friend in high school that worked at Old Navy, so I remember going there when it was the new store in town. I remember it being a warehouse for crap clothing, most of which had the Old Navy Logo on the front, so you could advertise how you couldn't even afford to shop at the Gap. Then in the late 1990s, came the kitchy commercials with Morgan Fairchild and that fashion critic lady with the big glasses. They moved Old Navy past the Walmart level of clothing and into like T.J. Maxx territory.

I haven't paid much attention to it since then, but I checked out the after-Christmas sales there this week. Old Navy now has some pretty cute clothing! Cashmere sweaters? Check. Pinstripe trousers? Check. Fashions inspired by the French Rivieria? Check. I was impressed.

Vivant bien Vieille Marine!

No comments: